Campus plan 1908

The Boston architectural firm of Cooper and Bailey were hired to draft a campus plan in 1908, which featured a dramatic, but never-to-be-realized alteration of the campus pond, a new “agricultural group” of buildings on the northwestern edge of campus, and a set of new buildings on the hill flanking a new administration building. North is to the left in their rendering of campus.

Cooper and Bailey plan, 1908


Resources

  • From the Physical Plant Records, Buildings Series, University Archives (RG 36/100/00, Box 2:11)
maps/campus_plan_1908.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/18 13:25 (external edit)
UMass Amherst seal
Special Collections & University Archives :: UMass Amherst Libraries
154 Hicks Way :: UMass Amherst :: Amherst, MA 01003 | Ph.: 413.545.2780 | Contact SCUA