The College of Natural Resources and the Environment is a former college of the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Originally, it was founded as two schools that merged in 1950. The first division, the Division of Agriculture, was founded in 1907 or 1911 as the Division of Agriculture, and renamed the School of Agriculture in 1945, before it was merged in 1950. The Division of Horticulture was founded in 1907 or 1911, and was renamed the School of Horticulture in 1945. After the merger of the two schools, it became known as the School of Agriculture and Horticulture, and was renamed the College of Agriculture in 1955. In 1972, it was renamed to the College of Food and Natural Resources, and was again renamed in 2003 to the College of Natural Resources and the Environment. In 2009, it was eliminated after it was deemed unnecessary under Chancellor Robert Holub, and was replaced with the College of Natural Sciences.
All departments that were formerly a part of the college were transferred to the College of Natural Science, although the Department of Consumer Studies was once a part of the college, before it was eliminated in 2001.
Below is a list of departments, which existed as a part of the college in 2009: