Create new page
To avoid creating a new page for a topic that already exists, review the site's index or search the site for the article you are seeking. If the page does not exist, we invite you to create it by following the steps below.
When adding new pages to YouMass, we try to add them to one of the alphabetical categories found in the index on the left-hand side of screen. We ask that users creating new pages try to do the same. As a final note about the categories, SCUA asks that users not add pages to the “about” category, which is reserved for information about the site itself. If you are uncertain how to proceed, please contact the SCUA archivists for assistance.
Steps for adding a new entry
- Search for the category and page you would like to create. For example, if you would like to add an page for the Economics Department under the “e” category, enter “e:economics” in the search box and hit enter. The entry will be sorted alphabetically in the index based on the first letter of the first word, so keep that in mind when selecting the title.
- Review the list of search entries, and if no page exists, click on “Create this page” link found in the lower right-hand corner.
- Enter a title for the new page at the top (to format the title according to our best practices, highlight the entire text and click on the “H1” button from the editing menu). Keep in mind, the title you apply to the page will be the title added to the browsable index. Try to keep it brief, but meaningful.
- Enter the rest of your article.
- Click on “Save” at the bottom of the editing screen.
- Review your work.