Using the collections?
Special Collections and University Archives is open at no cost to all researchers, regardless of affiliation.
First-time researchers will be asked to register and to provide their name, institutional affiliation (when applicable), and current address. At the time of registration, researchers must present a valid form of identification including a photograph.
In the reading room
- Please sign in each day at the front desk
- Only pencils and laptop computers may be used for taking notes. Please do not use pens.
- Smoking, food, and drink are not permitted
- Cell phones should be switched off or set to silent mode; calls may be taken in the adjacent elevator lobby
- Care and handling of materials
- Please use care in handling manuscripts and books to prevent damage
- Use only a single box of manuscript or archival material at a time and preserve the existing arrangement of files
- You may be permitted to photograph items for research purposes; check with a staff member first
- Scans and photocopies are made by staff members in keeping with our copying policies
- Upon leaving for the day, please notify the staff whether you are finished with your material or wish to place it on hold for a return visit