How do I request copies?
Although our goal is to facilitate free and unfettered access to the materials under our care, Special Collections and University Archives (SCUA) may assess fees to recover the costs of reproduction or for publication of graphic materials. SCUA provides photocopies and reproductions in reasonable amounts for scholarly use under the following conditions:
- Copies are prepared solely for the use of the researcher and may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, or placed in other repositories without the prior permission of the Head of Special Collections and University Archives.
- SCUA does not sell photocopies, photographs, or digital reproductions. Fees are assessed for services in identifying, copying, and transmitting duplicates. All copies are made only by SCUA staff.
- SCUA reserves the right to limit the number of photoduplicates in any order and may decline to make duplicates if the item might be damaged in the process. Orders are limited to no more than 400 photocopies per researcher, per month.
- Except for brief excerpts, SCUA will not duplicate copyrighted material without the written permission of the copyright owner. Researchers assume sole responsibility for any infringement of copyright.
- Permission to publish must be requested separately, in writing.
Request copies by email:
Requests may be addressed to our archivists.
What are the fees?
- Photoreproduction fees
- Photocopies: 30 cents per page.
- Low Resolution Scans: 30 cents per page.
- High Resolution Scans: $5.00 each (Images are typically scanned at 100% of the original size at a resolution of 300 dpi.)
- Publication fees (for images):
- Academic or not for profit publications: $35.00 per image
- Commercial publications: $125.00 per image
- Cover art: $100.00 (academic) to $200.00 per image (commercial)