Differences

This shows you the differences between the selected revision and the current version of the page.

t:thayer_laboratory 2013/07/11 06:56 t:thayer_laboratory 2013/12/18 13:25 current
Line 24: Line 24:
===== Thayer Animal Disease and Animal Isolation Laboratories ===== ===== Thayer Animal Disease and Animal Isolation Laboratories =====
-Following the early 20th-century construction of Stockbridge Hall, the northeastern quadrant of the campus was devoted to the departments of engineering and the physical sciences. The laboratory complex, including [[buildings:g:gunness|Gunness Laboratory]] (1949), Marston Hall (1950), [[buildings:p:paige|Paige Laboratory]] (1950), the Animal Isolation Laboratory (1953), and Thayer Animal Disease Laboratory (1957) were developed between 1949 and 1957 in the former agricultural fields to the north of [[buildings:d:draper|Draper Hall]]. The structure was originally sited adjacent to zone of military housing and a cottage, no longer extant. +Following the early 20th-century construction of Stockbridge Hall, the northeastern quadrant of the campus was devoted to the departments of engineering and the physical sciences. The laboratory complex, including [[g:gunness_hall|Gunness Laboratory]] (1949), Marston Hall (1950), [[p:paige_laboratory|Paige Laboratory]] (1950), the Animal Isolation Laboratory (1953), and Thayer Animal Disease Laboratory (1957) were developed between 1949 and 1957 in the former agricultural fields to the north of [[d:draper_hall|Draper Hall]]. The structure was originally sited adjacent to zone of military housing and a cottage, no longer extant.
Thayer Animal Disease Laboratory represents two building projects, conducted in three phases. The Animal Isolation Laboratory, constructed c. 1953 represents the eastern building block, while the Animal Disease Laboratory (west block) completed the complex c. 1957. The laboratory building was constructed to allow the investigation of large animals with infectious diseases.  Thayer Animal Disease Laboratory represents two building projects, conducted in three phases. The Animal Isolation Laboratory, constructed c. 1953 represents the eastern building block, while the Animal Disease Laboratory (west block) completed the complex c. 1957. The laboratory building was constructed to allow the investigation of large animals with infectious diseases. 
t/thayer_laboratory.1373540182.txt.gz · Last modified: 2013/12/18 13:25 (external edit)
UMass Amherst seal
Special Collections & University Archives :: UMass Amherst Libraries
154 Hicks Way :: UMass Amherst :: Amherst, MA 01003 | Ph.: 413.545.2780 | Contact SCUA