Differences

This shows you the differences between the selected revision and the current version of the page.

buildings:m:marshall_hall 2012/11/05 15:13 — current
Line 1: Line 1:
-======Marshall Hall====== 
-**Constructed**: 1916 
- 
-**Architects**: 
----- 
- 
-<html><div style="float:right; padding-left:20px; padding-bottom:15px;"> 
-<a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003346.png"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003346.png" alt="Marshall Hall" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> 
-</div></html> 
- 
-Marshall Hall, which sat on the west side of Thatcher Way (now Thatcher Road), was built in 1916 to serve as a bacteriology lab. The building was originally known simply as the microbiological laboratory and was renamed in honor of former faculty member Charles E. Marshall in 1935. Dr. Marshall, who died in 1927, had served as the first head of the department of Bacteriology, director of the graduate school, and director of the experiment station. In 1947 an [[buildings:m:marshall_annex|annex]] was added to provide extra research space. Marshall Hall was demolished in 1996. 
----- 
- 
-==== Source ==== 
-  * In the Loop, September 7th 2006. [[http://www.umass.edu/loop/lookingback/articles/38479.php|After 59 years, Marshall Annex demolished]] Accessed 10/1/2012   
-  * For additional information, consult the University Archives (RG 36/101). 
buildings/m/marshall_hall.1352146428.txt.gz · Last modified: 2013/12/18 13:25 (external edit)
UMass Amherst seal
Special Collections & University Archives :: UMass Amherst Libraries
154 Hicks Way :: UMass Amherst :: Amherst, MA 01003 | Ph.: 413.545.2780 | Contact SCUA