Differences

This shows you the differences between the selected revision and the current version of the page.

b:blaisdell_house 2013/07/11 07:31 b:blaisdell_house 2020/08/06 14:05 current
Line 9: Line 9:
<html><div style="float:right; padding-left:20px; padding-bottom:15px;"> <html><div style="float:right; padding-left:20px; padding-bottom:15px;">
-<a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003212.png"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003212.png" alt="Blaisdell House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> +<a href="http://http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003212.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003212.png" alt="Blaisdell House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> 
-<br /><a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/spcoll/images/blogs/blaisdell1.jpg"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/spcoll/images/blogs/blaisdell1.jpg" alt="Blaisdell House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> +<br /><a href="scua.library.umass.edu/images/blogs/blaisdell1.jpg"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/blogs/blaisdell1.jpg" alt="Blaisdell House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> 
-<br /><a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/spcoll/images/blogs/blaisdell2.jpg"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/spcoll/images/blogs/blaisdell2.jpg" alt="Blaisdell House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a>+<br /><a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/blogs/blaisdell2.jpg"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/blogs/blaisdell2.jpg" alt="Blaisdell House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a>
</div></html> </div></html>
Line 26: Line 26:
=====Blaisdell House===== =====Blaisdell House=====
-Blaisdell House is considered the oldest extant building on the campus that was constructed by the University. Originally located on Lincoln Avenue and moved to its current site in 1893, the building served as the Farm Superintendant’s house. Blaisdell House and the neighboring [[h:horse_barn_1894|Horse Barn]] will be moved to Wysocki Field as part of the new Agricultural Learning Center.+Blaisdell House is considered the oldest extant building on the campus that was constructed by the University. Originally located on Lincoln Avenue (moved to its current site across from the marching band building in 1893), the building served as the Farm Superintendent's house for the neighboring [[c:college_barn|College Barn]].
=====Landscape Analysis===== =====Landscape Analysis=====
-Blaisdell House was constructed in 1869 along a road that ran from North College Hall (no longer extant) to the west in the approximate location of the existing access drive to the horse barn and [[g:grinnell_arena|Grinnell Arena]]. A 1943 plan shows trees lining the south side of the road (no longer extant). A new bituminous concrete parking lot was added to the south of Blaisdell House following the building’s construction and has significantly changed the landscape context of the building. Historically, the rear (west) side of the house faced a ravine that drained the [[p:pond|Campus Pond]]. Natural vegetation and remnants of the ravine are still evident although the ravine no longer drains the Campus Pond. The mixed deciduous and evergreen foundation planting along the south side of Blaisdell House is consistent with its historic appearance.+Blaisdell House was constructed in 1869 and moved to its current location in 1893 along a road that ran from North College Hall (no longer extant) to the west in the approximate location of the existing access drive to [[g:grinnell_arena|Grinnell Arena]] and the Recreation Center parking lot. A 1943 plan shows trees lining the south side of the road (no longer extant). Historically, the rear (north) side of the house faced a ravine that drained the [[p:pond|Campus Pond]]. Natural vegetation and remnants of the ravine are still evident although the ravine no longer drains the Campus Pond. The mixed deciduous and evergreen foundation planting along the south side of Blaisdell House is consistent with its historic appearance.
b/blaisdell_house.1373542311.txt.gz · Last modified: 2013/12/18 13:25 (external edit)
UMass Amherst seal
Special Collections & University Archives :: UMass Amherst Libraries
154 Hicks Way :: UMass Amherst :: Amherst, MA 01003 | Ph.: 413.545.2780 | Contact SCUA