Differences

This shows you the differences between the selected revision and the current version of the page.

a:arnold_house 2013/12/18 13:25 a:arnold_house 2015/09/10 15:51 current
Line 7: Line 7:
===== Design and construction ===== ===== Design and construction =====
- 
<html><div style="float:right; padding-left:20px; padding-bottom:15px;"> <html><div style="float:right; padding-left:20px; padding-bottom:15px;">
-<a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003158.png"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003158.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> +<a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003158.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003158.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> 
-<br /><a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003161.png"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003161.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> +<br /><a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003161.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003161.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> 
-<br /><a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003159.png"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003159.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> +<br /><a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003159.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003159.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> 
-<br /><a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0008793.png"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0008793.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> +<br /><a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0008793.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0008793.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> 
-<br /><a href="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003722.png"><img src="http://www.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003722.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a></div></html>+<br /><a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003722.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003722.png" alt="Arnold House" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a></div></html> 
Arnold House is an approximately 43,000 square foot student administrative building on the Amherst campus of the University of Massachusetts. The building is one of ten structures that comprise the Northeast Residential Area. The complex was uniformly designed in neo-Georgian style between 1935 and 1959, and laid out in a bilaterally symmetrical site plan surrounding an open grassed area that is known as the Quad (quadrangle). Originally designed as dormitories, the group also includes [[k:knowlton_house|Knowlton House]], [[h:hamlin_house|Hamlin House]], [[c:crabtree_house|Crabtree House]], [[l:leach_house|Leach House]], Lyon House, Dwight House, [[t:thatcher_house|Thatcher House]], [[l:lewis_house|Lewis House]] and [[j:johnson_house|Johnson House]]. All continue to serve as dormitories in 2008, except for Arnold House, which was converted into offices in 1966. Arnold House is an approximately 43,000 square foot student administrative building on the Amherst campus of the University of Massachusetts. The building is one of ten structures that comprise the Northeast Residential Area. The complex was uniformly designed in neo-Georgian style between 1935 and 1959, and laid out in a bilaterally symmetrical site plan surrounding an open grassed area that is known as the Quad (quadrangle). Originally designed as dormitories, the group also includes [[k:knowlton_house|Knowlton House]], [[h:hamlin_house|Hamlin House]], [[c:crabtree_house|Crabtree House]], [[l:leach_house|Leach House]], Lyon House, Dwight House, [[t:thatcher_house|Thatcher House]], [[l:lewis_house|Lewis House]] and [[j:johnson_house|Johnson House]]. All continue to serve as dormitories in 2008, except for Arnold House, which was converted into offices in 1966.
a/arnold_house.txt · Last modified: 2015/09/10 15:51 by rscox
UMass Amherst seal
Special Collections & University Archives :: UMass Amherst Libraries
154 Hicks Way :: UMass Amherst :: Amherst, MA 01003 | Ph.: 413.545.2780 | Contact SCUA