Differences
This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.
Both sides previous revisionPrevious revision | |
c:curry_hicks [2024/07/09 16:00] – Fixed images awakefield | c:curry_hicks [2024/07/15 15:19] (current) – awakefield |
---|
---- | ---- |
{{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003960.png?350|Curry Hicks gymnasium}} | {{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003960.png?350|Curry Hicks gymnasium}} |
{{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003968.png?350|Curry Hicks Gymnasium interior}} | |
{{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003967.png?350|Curry Hicks gymnasium locker room}} | {{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003967.png?350|Curry Hicks gymnasium locker room}} |
| {{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003968.png?350|Curry Hicks Gymnasium interior}} |
| |
| |
Appointed director of physical education in 1911, Curry Hicks worked tirelessly with the Associated Alumni to fund and build the original, 1931, section of this recreation building. Professor Hicks worked out the plan for the building, including a glass roof and a dirt floor "cage" that included a running track, basketball floor, baseball infield, and 2,500 seats for spectators. Today the glass roof has been covered up and the dirt floor converted to gymnasium flooring. | Appointed director of physical education in 1911, Curry Hicks worked tirelessly with the Associated Alumni to fund and build the original, 1931, section of this recreation building. Professor Hicks worked out the plan for the building, including a glass roof and a dirt floor "cage" that included a running track, basketball floor, baseball infield, and 2,500 seats for spectators. Today the glass roof has been covered up and the dirt floor converted to gymnasium flooring. |