Differences
This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.
Next revision | Previous revision |
c:curry_hicks [2021/09/03 12:47] – created - external edit 127.0.0.1 | c:curry_hicks [2024/07/15 15:19] (current) – awakefield |
---|
| |
---- | ---- |
| {{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003960.png?350|Curry Hicks gymnasium}} |
| {{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003967.png?350|Curry Hicks gymnasium locker room}} |
| {{http://scua.library.umass.edu/images/referenceimages/RG150-0003968.png?350|Curry Hicks Gymnasium interior}} |
| |
<html><div style="float:right; padding-left:20px; padding-bottom:15px;"><a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003960.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003960.png" alt="Curry Hicks gymnasium" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> | |
<br /><a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003968.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003968.png" alt="Curry Hicks Gymnasium interior" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a> | |
<br /><a href="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003967.png"><img src="http://scua.library.umass.edu/speccollimages/referenceimages/RG150-0003967.png" alt="Curry Hicks gymnasium locker room" style="width:220px; border:1px solid #333; padding:5px;" /></a></div></html> | |
| |
Appointed director of physical education in 1911, Curry Hicks worked tirelessly with the Associated Alumni to fund and build the original, 1931, section of this recreation building. Professor Hicks worked out the plan for the building, including a glass roof and a dirt floor "cage" that included a running track, basketball floor, baseball infield, and 2,500 seats for spectators. Today the glass roof has been covered up and the dirt floor converted to gymnasium flooring. | Appointed director of physical education in 1911, Curry Hicks worked tirelessly with the Associated Alumni to fund and build the original, 1931, section of this recreation building. Professor Hicks worked out the plan for the building, including a glass roof and a dirt floor "cage" that included a running track, basketball floor, baseball infield, and 2,500 seats for spectators. Today the glass roof has been covered up and the dirt floor converted to gymnasium flooring. |