Mercantile House Ledger, 1792-1804.
Call no.: MS 285
Firm based in Portland, Maine, that supplied “merchandize” to local merchants in Maine, as well as in several locations in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and northeastern Massachusetts. Firm undertook international “adventures” as well. Ledger includes general accounts for merchandise, bills receivable and payable, cash, profit and loss, storage, and truckage, as well as accounts generated with certain ships.
- Maine--Commerce--18th century
- Maine--Commerce--Massachusetts--18th century
- Maine--Commerce--New Hampshire--18th century
- Massachusetts--Commerce--Maine--18th century
- Merchants--Maine--Portland--18th century
- New Hampshire--Commerce--Maine--18th century
- Portland (Me.)--Commerce--18th century
- Shipping--Accounting--18th century
- Storage and moving trade--Maine--18th century
Types of material
- Account books