William Weatherby Account Book, 1835-1837.
Call no.: MS 179 bd
Transient worker for Seth Porter and Co., a cotton mill in Cummington, Massachusetts and for Wells, Blackinton, and White, manufacturer of fine textiles in North Adams, Massachusetts. Includes accounts of his employers, debits, credits (a running account with a general store for the purchase of clothing and foodstuffs), and notations of providing room and board for other workers.
- Cummington (Mass.)--Economic conditions--19th century
- General stores--Massachusetts
- North Adams (Mass.)--Economic conditions--19th century
- Seth Porter and Co. (Firm)
- Textile industry--Massachusetts--19th century
- Textile workers--Massachusetts--Economic conditions--19th century
- Wells, Blackinton, and White
- Weatherby, William
Types of material
- Account books