Amos Whittemore Daybook, 1817-1819.
Call no.: MS 153 bd
Wagonwright and celebrated inventor of a machine that made cotton and wool cards from West Cambridge (now Arlington), Massachusetts. Includes records of services provided, such as repairing, cleaning, painting and varnishing chaises; providing wheels, springs, waterhooks, whippletrees, bellybands, and carpet; and mending reins and harnesses. Also contains lists of customers (including many prominent families from the town) and records of cash transactions.
- Arlington (Mass.)--Economic conditions--19th century
- Arlington (Mass.)--History--19th century
- Carriage and wagon making--Massachusetts--Arlington--History--19th century
- Carriage manufacturers and dealers--Massachusetts --Arlington--History--19th century
- Harness making and trade--Massachusetts--Arlington--History--19th century
- Whittemore, Amos, 1759-1828
Types of material