Born in Chicopee Falls, Mass., Aubrey D. Lapolice (1893-1981) was a maintenance superintendent at the Belchertown State School for a forty year period, from the time of its establishment through his retirement in 1961. A veteran of the First World War, he oversaw a campus of nearly 850 acres and a physical plant of nearly one hundred buildings and structures. He died in February 1981.
The Lapolice collection includes 35 images of the physical plant and construction projects at the Belchertown State School during its first two decades of operation and 21 images of the welcome home parade in Belchertown in 1946 for returning American troops.
- Belchertown State School--Photographs
- Construction projects--Massachusetts--Belchertown--Photographs
- Hampden Railroad--Photographs
- Mentally disabled--Massachusetts--Belchertown
- Psychiatric hospitals--Massachusetts--Belchertown--Photographs
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans
Types of material