Organization in Northampton, Massachusetts that met in members’ homes for the purpose of helping working people spend their evenings in valuable reading and discussion, and for furthering the culture of the home as well as the individual. The organization also sponsored flower garden competitions, an evening school for adults, a school for the household arts, an after school play program for children, a Golden Age club, and a day camp. Photocopied records include Board of Directors minutes, Directors’ reports, and correspondence.
- Northampton (Mass.)--Intellectual life--History
- Working class--Massachusetts--Northampton--Intellectual life--History
- Working class--Massachusetts--Northampton--Societies, etc. --History
- Home Culture Club (Northampton, Mass.)
- People's Institute (Northampton, Mass.)
Types of material
- Letters (Correspondence)