John H. Coon Ledger, 1862-1873.
1 vol. (0.1 linear feet).
Call no.: MS 230 bd
Owner of a general store and a farmer in Sheffield, Massachusetts. Ledger includes lists of customers, the goods that they purchased, and how they paid (cash and exchange of goods or services).
- Arnold, Emmons
- Crippen, Frank
- Croslear, Aaron, Mrs
- Curtiss, Ira
- General stores--Massachusetts--Sheffield
- Noteware, Frank
- Sheffield (Mass.)--Economic conditions
- Tuttle, Leonard
Types of material
William Wallace Denslow Botanical Manuscripts Collection, 1864-1868.
1 box (0.5 linear feet).
Call no.: MS 064
A druggist by training, William Denslow became interested in botany as a means of combating tuberculosis through outdoor exercise. As his interests developed, Denslow amassed an herbarium that included between 11,000 and 15,000 specimens, including both American and European species.
The Denslow collection consists of a single volume of manuscripts, chiefly letters, collected from significant botanists and other individuals, including William Henry Brewer, Mordecai Cubitt Cooke, Asa Gray, Isaac Hollister Hall, Thomas P. James, Horace Mann, Edward Sylvester Morse, Charles Horton Peck, George Edward Post, Frederick Ward Putnam, George Thurber, and John Torrey.
- Botany--History--19th century--Sources
- Brewer, William Henry, 1828-1910
- Cooke, M. C. (Mordecai Cubitt), b. 1825
- Denslow, William Wallace, 1826-1868
- Gray, Asa, 1810-1888
- Hall, Isaac H. (Isaac Hollister), 1837-1896
- James, Thomas Potts, 1803-1882
- Mann, Horace, 1844-1868
- Morse, Edward Sylvester, 1838-1925
- Peck, Charles H. (Charles Horton), 1833-1917
- Post, George E. (George Edward), 1838-1909
- Putnam, F. W. (Frederic Ward), 1839-1915
- Thurber, George, 1821-1890
- Torrey, John, 1796-1873
Types of material