Mark Taylor Brinsfield studied languages and law in Europe before receiving his MA in European Studies at the University of Exeter. His research has included work in the history of multiracial people in post-World War II Southeast Asia. Brinsfield currently lives in Northampton, Mass.
The posters in the Brinsfield Collection represent a cross-section of West German political campaigning during the decade leading up to reunification. Focused primarily on national, rather than regional elections, the collection includes representative work from the major left- and right-leaning political parties (CDU and RCDS, SDU, the Greens) as well as a few posters addressed at major political issues, including the antinuclear and antiwar movements.
- Antinuclear movements--Germany
- Antiwar movements--Germany
- Christlich-Demokratische Union Deutschlands
- Germany--History --1945-1990
- Germany--Politics and government--1945-1990
- Grünen (Political party)
- Ring Christlich-Demokratischer Studenten
- Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands
- Staeck, Klaus
Types of material