UMass Amherst Faculty and Staff Collection, ca.1867-2008.
Call no.: RG 40/11
From its founding in 1863, UMass Amherst has grown from rural agricultural roots into a major research university, and the handful of instructors who present at the inauguration of the college has grown into a diverse faculty of over 1,100.
The Faculty and Staff Collection contains files accumulated by the University Archives relating to the faculty, staff, and administrators of UMass Amherst and its predecessors, the Massachusetts Agricultural College and Massachusetts State College. This list is not an exhaustive accounting of present or past members of the UMass community: although full-time, part-time, and visiting faculty are included, this listing includes only those for whom the University Office of Communications or University Archives collected information. Typically these files consist of some combination of resumes, notices of honors and awards, press releases and news clippings, articles about or by the subject, obituaries, and other miscellaneous information. In many cases, the subjects are represented by only one or two items.
- Massachusetts Agricultural College
- Massachusetts Agricultural College--Faculty
- Massachusetts Agricultural College--Staff
- Massachusetts State College
- Massachusetts State College--Faculty
- Massachusetts State College--Staff
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Amherst--Faculty
- University of Massachusetts Amherst--Staff
Types of material
- Clippings (Information artifacts)