Contact SCUA
Alton Blackington image of Cleo the monkey
Alton Blackington image of woman with feathered hat
Burt V Brooks image of young woman
Burt Brooks image of young woman
Burt V Brooks image of dog on porch
Alton Blackington image of cat
Alton Blackington image of woman selling walnuts
Burt V Brooks image of family
Burt V Brooks image of farmstead
Alton Blackington image of crystal gazer
Alton Blackington image of woman and parrot
Alton Blackington image of young woman
SCUA

SCUA

Esleeck Manufacturing Company

Esleeck Manufacturing Company Records, 1898-1987.

3 boxes (4.5 linear feet).
Call no.: MS 505

A manufacturing firm specializing in the production of onion skin paper, the Esleeck Manufacturing Company was established in 1898 as the Monadnock Paper Co. The principal owners, Augustine W. Esleeck and Alfred T. Judd, had worked together with the Valley Paper Mills of Holyoke, Mass., but when striking out on their own, moved to Turners Falls, believing the town to be the ideal location for a mil. Changing their name to Esleeck Manufacturing Co. in 1901, the firm sought to be a good neighbor, using local labor and products from local firms in their manufacturing. After more than 100 years of continuous operation, the company was purchased by Southworth Co. in 2006.

The collection consists chiefly of financial records, but also includes three minute books from 1898-1961 that capture the the company’s early history, as well as a memorial history of the company written by a long-term employee in 1954.

Subjects

  • Paper industry--Massachusetts
  • Turners Falls (Mass.)--History

Contributors

  • Esleeck Manufacturing Company

Search

  • Collection areas

Browse collections

[ UMass ]