Valley Women's Union Records, 1974-1976
Call no.: MS 201
The Valley Women’s Union was established in 1974 by members of the Valley Women’s Center, Northampton, Massachusetts, who were committed to political change benefiting women. They were concerned that the Valley Women’s Center had become a static umbrella organization and that many of its formerly vital functions had been absorbed by local social service agencies The VWU sought to unify groups that were working for political change beneficial to women.
Records include newsletters, agendas for meetings, reports, position papers, and mailings.
- Feminism--Massachusetts--Pioneer Valley--History
- Feminists--Massachusetts--Pioneer Valley--Political activity--History
- Social change--Political activity--Massachusetts--Pioneer Valley--History
- Women--Massachusetts--Pioneer Valley--Political activity --History
- Valley Women's Union (Northampton, Mass.)